Your Wedding: Plan for Perfection
You only have one shot at a perfect wedding, and taking into consideration how much money you are spending on it, here are some tips for you to assist you in organising your wedding.
- Find the perfect venue. When you enquire at your preferred wedding venues give them a few alternative dates, especially if you are planning your wedding in the popular summer months. This is a way of ensuring you will book your first choice venue. When you organise a site inspection, take the time to look out for photo opportunities. Once you have chosen your menu, make sure you go for a tasting so you can ensure the quality of the food is up to your standards.
- Start looking for your wedding dress as early as possible so you have plenty of time for it to be made up. If you are hiring a dress, the earlier you start looking, the larger the choice of dress you will have. Make sure that your husband-to-be and his wedding party organise their suits in good time as well.
- Send your invitations out 6 months ahead if you are planning a destination wedding to give guests notice. If you wedding is held locally, 2 months is enough notice. Try and get your replies back by 1 month before the wedding for catering purposes. It is ok to email guests to remind them to reply.
- Research and book your photographer when you book your venue. This way you will secure your first choice photographer. It is a good idea to organise an engagement shoot so you can get to know your photographer and feel comfortable with each other and that you as a couple are relaxed in front of the camera to ensure those all-important wedding pictures are as perfect as possible.
- Book your hairdresser and makeup artist in good time, and have a practise run before your big day. Start any diet and exercise regime well in advance to avoid tears and stress near your big day!
The better prepared and organised you are, the less stressed you will be, relaxed and ready to enjoy your big day. Oh, and don’t forget to organise your honeymoon!