Rosemary Hill is situated on beautiful farmland just east of Pretoria. It is an organic working farm and has been in operation since 1978. From cultivating seedlings and planting veggies to distilling essential oils, this farm is truly unique in what it has to offer. The herd of Nguni cattle is always nearby to add a beautiful splash of colour to the landscape.
Rosemary Hill Weddings
A Rosemary Hill Farm wedding is one of a kind. We are able to customize your wedding and provide an earthy, vintage, rustic and chic farm style experience without breaking the bank. We have a number of different venues to cater for any size event, the authentic wooden barn can seat 50-120 guests or the large pack-house which can host parties of up to 300.
Our meals are delicious as everything is freshly prepared with extra care using veggies and herbs from our gardens.
Our experienced team will tailor-make a unique farm wedding experience for clients who want something different. From an indoor or outdoor ceremony to various reception options, the choice is yours. We are able to customize your wedding and provide a truly memorable service. We are able to assist with photographers, florists, musicians (for live music) – contact us to find out more about how we can help to make your special day unforgettable.
Another exciting project is our new maze. The maze is 80m in diameter and is made up of 2154 trees, herbs and shrubs! Our aim is for it to be a “multi-purpose” maze: Firstly a beautiful garden and then also a venue for open-air concerts, weddings and tea parties.
Rosemary Hill Accommodation
Rosemary Hill can accommodate up to 20 guests. For the bridal couple we have a charming thatch cottage, surrounded by beautiful trees with abundant birdlife and breathtaking sunset views. It has a spacious separate lounge and en-suite bathroom, perfect for brides to get ready on their big day.
We have another 5 rooms sleeping 2 guests each, and 2 family rooms sleeping 4 guests each. Our rooms are all unique in colour and theme, guests can choose from our website which room they prefer and make use of our realtime online booking system. www.rosemaryhill.co.za/accommodation.
Rosemary Hill Restaurant
Our restaurant is open Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays from 09h00 to 14h00, we serve freshly baked scones, cakes, light meals and our famous omelettes accompanied by delicious bottomless coffee! On Sundays we prepare an ever-changing Buffet Lunch – perfect for those lazy Sunday afternoons.
Rosemary Hill Maze
We designed and built this beautiful garden in 2011. It is 80m in diameter and has over 1km of paving with over 3000 plants. It is still growing but is already beautiful after just a year. It is used for classical music concerts, art exhibitions, wedding ceremonies and cocktail parties.
Rosemary Hill High Teas
Rosemary Hill is one of the very few establishments in South Africa that offers an authentic Morning or Afternoon Tea (or High Tea) experience. Rather than providing a buffet and expecting guests to help themselves, our teatime treats are freshly prepared for your enjoyment and presented on elevated tiers with beautiful freshly picked herbs and flowers from our gardens. Each individual treat is made and served with special attention. Our fine selection of blended teas is brought to the table in special tubes so that guests can experience the beautiful aromas before making a choice. We specialise in tea parties – from Bridal Tea Parties, Stork Tea Parties, little girl themed Tea Parties to more intimate tea for two or even ‘Me-time-Tea-time’ where you can bring your book, and spend the afternoon sitting under the tree, reading, eating and drinking tea …
Rosemary Hill Trails
The latest addition to the farm is a fun and safe trail for hikers, runners and cyclists (mountain bikes). Our trails leads through beautiful rosemary fields, past dams, across streams and through indigenous vegetation.
A small entrance fee of R20 per adult and R10 per child is payable at the Restaurant. Gates open at 07h00.
Breakfast and light meals served from 09h00 to 14h00.
- Short course: 6km
- Technical course: 10km
- Long course: 18km
- Trails open weekends and public holidays from 07:00 to 17:00
Rosemary Hill is Green
- We make our own compost from all the food waste
- We re-use all containers that we can
- If we cannot use it, we recycle it – we have bins on the farm for glass, paper, boxes, plastic and cans that is collected by a recycling company on a weekly basis
- We have been farming organically and bio-dynamically for over thirty years
- We are busy changing all our geysers to solar geysers on the farm and have converted 20% of them so far
- We use Chlorine-free sugar cane fibre based 100% biodegradable toilet paper in our restaurant and guesthouse. Available from www.greenhome.co.za
- Our biodegradable takeaway containers are made from Bagasse, the fibre left after sugar has been extracted from sugarcane. Available from www.greenhome.co.za
- The amenities that we use in our guesthouse is supplied by Beautiful Earth. They are a specialist local manufacturing company, distributing natural products for personal care. They use 100% therapeutic grade essential and base oils, no synthetic fragrances are used. Beautiful Earth products are also free of colourants and dyes, sulphates, mineral oils, parabens and animal proteins …just pure “aromatherapy in a bottle”. All products are cruelty free, product content is biodegradable and sewer system friendly. www.beautiful-earth.co.za
- Our sewer system is not linked to the municipal system but a fully functioning treatment plant producing waste water suitable for irrigation.
N4 east, Boschkop/ Donkerhoek exit, Pretoria East, Gauteng, South Africa
+27 (0)12 802 0052
+27 (0)83 235 6857
Enquire Now Rosemary Hill:
Accommodation – Yes
Conference Facilities – Yes
Chapel – No
Ceremony Facility – Yes
Start off with a glass of bubbly followed by delicious cakes and sandwiches and a choice of 24 speciality teas and coffees.
Please contact us to arrange your special occasion: Bridal Showers, Baby Showers, Christening Tea get-togethers, Birthday Tea Parties, Mother’s Day Teas, Children’s Tea Parties.