Garonga Safari Camp
Garonga Safari Camp and Little Garonga are exclusive camps situated in the greater Makalali Conservancy situated west of the Kruger National Park. This unassuming sanctuary promises an intimate wildlife encounter in an unhurried environment where you can unwind, sleep deeply and be yourself.
We are situated in the Greater Makalali Private Game Reserve/Pidwa Private Game Reserve (25,000 HA) near Hoedspruit, Limpopo, South Africa. We have the Big “4” (no Buffalo at present) at Garonga Safari Camp. In addition there are Cheetah, Hippo and Croc, Spotted Hyaenas, excellent Plains Game and plentiful bird and plant life.
Access: From Johannesburg International the closest airports are Hoedspruit (SA Express) and Phalaborwa (SA AirLink). Both these flights take about one hour. There are also direct flights from Cape Town to Hoedspruit 3 times a week, and daily direct flights from Cape Town to Kruger (Nelspruit)Airport with SA Airlink.
The Garonga Safari Camp staff are well trained and highly capable of catering to your individual needs to ensure that you have a truly unforgettable wedding. There are various options available – picture yourself doing the following:
- Your wedding morning – indulge in a delicious breakfast followed by a relaxing massage.
- Light lunch after the ceremony (Summer only) on an adorned elevated deck that overhangs the riverbed.
- A game drive with champagne in the bush as the sun sets, or a Bush Bath with champagne at sunset.
- A private dinner on the lower deck to continue the celebration.
The ceremony for your wedding can be organised to take place in any one of the stunning areas at Garonga Safari Camp or Little Garonga – such as the pool deck or in the bush itself. The sleep-out deck is another venue that is highly recommended.
A Non-Denominational Priest will arrange for all the documentation to be completed correctly. The priest will meet with the couple for an hour on the day before the service to finalize documentation. In order to ensure this process runs smoothly, the bride and groom will require the following documents:
- Original divorce papers from previous marriages (if applicable)
Garonga Wedding Package
2013 Rate – R7 480
- Ministers Fee and all preparation of documents and signing of documents
- Single Tier Wedding Cake
- Pressing of wedding outfits
- A rustic bouquet of wild flowers
- Laundry & pressing for the wedding party
- A bottle of champagne
- A massage each for the bride and groom
- A private dinner on the wedding night
- Decorated setting for your wedding ceremony
- A decorated open air safari vehicle for the transfers to and from the wedding ceremony
- Return road transfers for the bride and groom from local airports (Hoedspruit/Phalaborwa)
- On Request
Terms & Conditions for Weddings:
- The wedding package is valid year round and is based on a minimum three night stay.
Contact Garonga Safari Camp
Hoedspruit, Limpopo, South Africa
+ 27 (0)72 472 1519
Accommodation – Yes
Conference Facilities – Yes
Chapel – No
Outside Ceremony – Yes